Saturday, January 6, 2007

Introduction

I am about to enter my fourth semester of grad school, where I am simultaneously pursuing an MFA in Painting and an MS in Art History, Theory & Criticism. Theoretically, this should be the semester in which I complete my MFA thesis and that portion of my degree.

I've been struggling lately with my process, and I think many of my problems come from a lack of discipline. I have given myself the challenge of creating at least one work of art every day, hoping it will inspire and influence my studio practice for the better. As a project, I think the serial production of daily art certainly has its own merits, which I plan to consider as I go.

I really welcome feedback if you are so inclined, as it can only help me improve. Thanks for reading, and enjoy!

No comments: