Saturday, January 6, 2007

Day One


8"x10", graphite and metallic acrylic paint on off-white paper


9"x12", graphite on off-white paper

(click images to enlarge)

So, for day one, I've kept it fairly small and simple. The most interesting thing about the bronze piece was the paint itself and the ways the metallic particles moved in and out of the light when I was stirring it and mixing it with water. I wish I could have captured more of that effect and the glistening way it took to the paper. My boyfriend helped me make a small video of the paint being stirred, which I'll perhaps edit and post sometime soon.

The tree drawing was initially based on this photograph, but obviously I didn't stay very close to the details. It was interesting to try drawing even semi-representationally, as I haven't done it in a long time.

No comments: