Friday, January 19, 2007

Day Fourteen (backposted)


18"x24" watercolor & acrylic on paper - in progress

Since I'd been using acrylic essentially as a watercolor, I thought it might work to saturate the surface of the paper and actually try some watercoloring. I had extremely limited patience, however, as I was using gridded drawing paper susceptible to pilling (so it more closely resembled painting on a paper towel) and I was displeased with the tinting strength of the sky blue paint I was using.



Some genuinely beautiful things were happening with the green, but too quickly they faded into the wash or absorbed into the paper, so the end result at this point really isn't much to look at.

I'd started in with metallic silver in the lower right corner, but quickly decided this was out of place, so I'll have to think of a resolution to that if I ever finish this piece.

At this point, my favorite thing about this painting is the color it turned my water. Maybe sometimes that's all there is.

No comments: