Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Day Five


9"x12", acrylic on paper


8"x10", acrylic and graphite on paper


8"x10", acrylic and graphite on paper


8"x10", acrylic and graphite on paper

I've got a busy pile of pieces going now, including some that are very similar to the last two and some that are completely different. I'm going around and around with these compulsive circles or shapes and the combination of drawing and painting... something I need to work on more formally I think.

There is something sort of disposable and casual about these works, maybe the materials (cheap paper, watery paint, mechanical pencil), maybe my attitude toward them. That throwaway attitude could be really problematic in less than a week when I start my next semester. I think tomorrow has to be an actual studio day, not so much of this at-home leisurely stuff, as much as I'm enjoying it.

No comments: