Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Day Thirty-Two


12"x12", oil on canvas board - in progress

Because my other paintings were still too wet to work into, I started a small piece. I usually don't sketch out what I'm doing beforehand because I don't like when pencil, charcoal or similar mix into the paint - it hadn't occurred to me until today to sketch it out with ballpoint pen (which dries quickly and doesn't interfere) - I was much more comfortable drawing this way.

These shapes remind me of eyes or olives at the moment, but I'm planning for them to be a bit more complex. The centers are actually a deep purple-blue (I'm nuts over that color lately). They will then have a ring of cream or off-white (probably titanium buff), the green which is there, then a very light dove gray (most likely Payne's gray mixed with a lot of white). Once that's together, I'll have to see how it looks and reevaluate.

(This entry was back-posted on 2/10/07).

No comments: