Friday, February 9, 2007

Another Note

Yes, I am a horrible recalcitrant blogger.

I am still keeping up with this project, but I've been obviously more focused on making art than photographing it and posting it.

On one hand, I'm inclined to think "Well no big deal, so long as I'm painting," but a secondary aspect of this site is to maintain a record of the development of these pieces in a series (hence, "serial art"), which becomes murky and indistinct when abandoned for weeks at a time.

For example, today I can look at the pieces in my studio and know which came before another and trace influences and accretions of meaning... but in several weeks or a year, it will probably be impossible to recall.

Maybe it's not important to keep such a rigorous catalog, but since I am in the midst of trying to develop a thesis, I want to have this kind of grasp for the time being.

Point being, I will photograph what I've been up to and back-post as accurately as possible, as well as redouble my efforts at staying on top of the day-to-day.

Thanks for your continued interest!

No comments: